World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game set in the Warcraft fantasy universe, four years after the events of its predecessor Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Players traverse through the world forming companionship with guilds and parties, and meeting enemies from opposing factions and dungeons of old. Gameplay has evolved tremendously since its initial launch with the introduction of seven expansions.
World of Warcraft is a juggernaut when it comes to popularity, consistency and playtime longevity. The game remains as one of the highest regarded MMORPGs of all time and is holding its title of the most subscribed MMORPG in the world with report of 5.5 million subscriptions in October 2015.
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
Designer: Rob Pardo, Jeff Kaplan, Tom Chilton
PvP: Sieges, Clan War, Duels, Open World, Caravans
PvE: Monster Hunting, World Bosses, Taming Wild Animals
2010 Population: 12 million subscriptions (peak)
2015 Population: 5.5 million subscriptions
World of Warcraft Expansions List
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade — released January 16,2007
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King — released November 13, 2008
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm — released December 7, 2010
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria — released September 25, 2012
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor — released November 13, 2014
- World of Warcraft: Legion — sixth expansion, released August 30, 2016
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth — to be released on or before September 21, 2018
This page is under construction.
More information is coming soon.
World of Warcraft News