Blade & Soul’s Next Class Is A Greatsword Wielder Tank & It’s Coming In 2018
Jonathan Lien, NCSoft’s Associate Producer for Blade & Soul has posted a producer’s letter for Spring 2018 to talk about Blade & Soul’s state and give previews of the content that we should expect for the game in the coming months. On top of the exciting news that the game will switch from Unreal Engine 3 to Unreal Engine 4, players can now look forward to a new greatsword-wielding tank class.
The new tank class will be powered by brute strength. Unlike other classes, this class will consume HP instead of Focus to use certain skills. Players will need to choose wisely. The class will have abilities to mitigate damage and gain temporary immunity to incoming status effects. More details will be shared later this year.
In addition to the new class, here’s a preview of some of the updates planned for the rest of 2018:
- The continuation of Blade & Soul’s Epic Quest: Act 9
- New 12-player raids with formidable bosses that will push your combat skills to the limit
- New solo and 6-player Heroic dungeons—next up is the Circle of Sundering where you will go one-on-one with Master Hong!
- New Legendary Equipment Upgrade System—further upgrade and customize your hard-earned gear!
- Powerful new equipment and beautiful cosmetics
- New game systems—including the addition of fishing—and enhancements to existing systems
- New events, holidays, and quality of life improvements
- And much, much more!
Source: Blade & Soul Producer’s Letter