Life Is Feudal MMO Goes Free-to-play
Indie studio Bitbox has announced that medieval MMO Life is Feudal: MMO has changed from buy-to-play to free-to-play. Initially announced during their last AMA, the change is accompanied by a host of other new changes such as difficulty reduction of skill leveling after level 90, drop value changes, and more listed below.
Every new member will receive 3 days of Premium subscription and a Ticket to Abella.
New Features and Tweaks:
- Game mode switched to a new F2P model — each new user will receive 1 Ticket to Abella and a 3 days of Premium subscription to his Premium shop inventory after registration
- Added a new object in the Starting Villages — Traveler’s Idol, which allows you to teleport to a guild monument (via Guest Code) or to another village. Each teleport has its’ own cooldown of 48 hours;
- Knoolls will now randomly spawn in the game world. While you won’t be able to tame them, you can still benefit from such encounters — some folks say their treasures are valued by the Crown…;
- Significantly reduced the time it takes to level up the skills after level 90
- Increased the drop value of loot from natives in their villages
- Randomized starting servers on Newbie world
- Alchemist’s Outfit has been renamed to Herbalist’s Outfit. Required skill is now Herbalism lvl 60 (instead of Alchemy lvl 60)
- Cook’s Outfit is now available on Farming lvl 60 (instead of Cooking lvl 60)
- Engineer’s Outfit is now available on Construction lvl 60 (instead of Warfare Engineering lvl 60)
- Outfits now grant bonus to every skill on the skill branch they’re used by (for example, Blacksmith’s Outfit now will give bonus not just to Forging, but also to Kilning, Armorsmithing and Weaponsmithing). They will now also grant an “Inspired Work” effect
- Increased the production rate for most of the outposts
- Significantly increased the chance of a quality raise for domestic animals and grown crops
- Decreased the amount of time required to cast most of the abilities. Here’s the list of those that remained untouched.
- Increased the default Trading Post container size to 150 stones;
- Increased the amount of ammunition and potions that can be brought onto the Arena
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
- Fixed the visual bug in Decorated Rags skins that caused the disappearance of a part of a leg on the female characters
- Fixed the issue with being able to target objects through the walls while running. Opening containers and interacting with outpost totems through the walls should no longer be possible.
- Fixed an incorrect amount of experience gained when hitting a training dummy with a ranged weapon
- Fixed the outpost totems: they can no longer be pushed by placing a movable object near them or grant experience when being hit
- Fixed the incorrect Sun’s position: now it should point exactly towards South at noon.
Source: Life is Feudal: MMO Forums