Multiplayer Medieval Melee Slasher ‘MORDHAU’ Is Launching On Steam On April 29th
MORDHAU is a first and third person multiplayer melee slasher set in medieval times where you can take part in 64-player brawls, castle sieges and small-scale battles. The game was successfully crowd-funded over two years ago on Kickstarter with nearly $300,000 in pledges toward the original $80,000 goal. It will be available for purchase on Steam on April 29th.
MORDHAU offers a strong emphasis on skill-based melee combat where you can “chain your attacks into combos, punish your opponents with quick counters, push them away with kicks, trick them with feints, grip your polearm closer to the head, use real halfswording techniques — and much, much more.”
For more information on MORDHAU, check out the official game site and watch the trailer below.
- Massive battles: From small-scale engagements to 64-player all-out war in modes such as Frontline and Battle Royale.
- Cooperative & offline play: Fight waves of enemies alongside your friends in the cooperative Horde mode, or practice your skills offline against AI.
- Free-form melee and ranged combat: Gain complete control over your character and attacks and develop your unique style.
- In-depth character customization: Sculpt your face, create your weapon from parts, and pick out individual pieces of armor to create the perfect warrior.
- Huge arsenal of weapons & equipment: Take on enemies with a greatsword, rain arrows from above, or even sit back and build fortifications.
- Fight anywhere: Experience cavalry charges, fight on ladders, and operate siege engines such as the catapult and ballista.
- Visceral and gory combat: Feel the impact of every blow, and send limbs flying as you wreak havoc upon your foes. (Blood & gore are optional)
- Believable fights: A game where fights look believable, MORDHAU strikes a balance between gameplay and realism.