Pearl Abyss Reveals Remastered Black Desert Online With Enhanced Graphics, New Music & Male Ranger
Pearl Abyss held the long awaited showcase of the remastered Black Desert Online on August 11th. The event showed graphical enhancements, new music, new UI, a new territory called Ordillta, a new hunting mode, improvements to the story, a new playable class, changes to leveling up and more. Black Desert’s lead graphics programmer talked about changes to physical based rendering, lighting and ocean rendering.
The updates that were announced during the showcase event are based on the Korean version of Black Desert and may be different in other versions. Black Desert: Remastered launches today for users of the Global Lab Testing server and will be patched in to the live server on August 22nd.
Check out the video below for a preview of the improvements. For more information, visit the official Black Desert Online forums.
Remastered Graphics Improvements
- Physically based rendering
- Physically based lighting
- Physically based atmospheric scattering
- Volumetric cloud
- HDR rendering
- Improved post processing with YEBIS
- Improved screen space reflection
- Improved ambient occlusion
- Improved ocean rendering
- Cloth simulation
- More than 220 soundtracks that go over 660 minutes total.
- 7 complete Soundtrack Albums for each of the continents
- Recordings of orchestras in 3 different European countries
Source: Black Desert Online Forums